25/11/2010

Project Brief 4_Collections

For our 4th brief we were to create a 'catalogue' of a collection of our choice. I chose 'Corks' as my collection, mainly because I remember my sister having a collection (bizarre) and I think they are hugely underrated (in terms of visual appeal). It saddens me to think that corks are on their way out, to be replaced by 'plastic' alternatives. Therefore I wanted to present corks in their finest and remind the world what they're leaving behind! I chose a format where I could focus on pure imagery- presenting the corks in a 'larger-than-life' scenario. The reader can then open up the pages to reveal information about each cork and which country it comes from. I covered the front of my booklet in cork sheet, and used small squares of cork within the spreads to add texture and interest to the design.









No comments:

Post a Comment